Saturday, March 03, 2007

Over 1/2 way done the list!!!

We are off the Red Deer( me and the kids) to visit my good friend, Averley Vanorman. We met when we were doing our social work degrees and we have stayed Friends ever since.

52. I do most of the driving when Ryan and I are together.

53.I worship the DVD player that came with our mini van

54.I did one of my practicum's with Kainai Family Services in Standoff, AB( on the Blood Reserve) I loved it and enjoyed the experience of being the only non aboriginal person at the office.

55. Today is my mom's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! We love you.

56. I also did another practicum at St. Michael's Health Center/Palliative care. I became close with one dear old lady. I sat and held her hand and talked to her as she passed away. It was a very spiritual experience.

57. At my office now, I get nervous when I hear the Child Abuse Hotline ring( province wide 1 800 # people call to report child abuse) I always quickly hope it is not someone I know before I answer it. So far so good, although I have had some calls that come from southern AB.

58.When I was 5 we lived in Leeds England for a year, I came home with a very thick English accent.Obviously I have lost it. I remember my cousins teasing for calling sucker's "Lolli pop's'

59. I love making chocolate puffed wheat and then putting milk on it and eating it like cereal.

60.My voice and my sister's sound so much alike lot of people get us confused on the phone.

4 comments:

TinaLaRae said...

Chocolate puffed wheat is my favorite but eating it with milk, like cereal, I'm intrigued!

Kristy said...

I admire your dedication to your career. I feel like you are passionate about what you do, which must be so beneficial to those you help.

Unknown said...

Kristy
i do feel lucky to have found a career path that has always felt so right. I may have helped some people in some small ways but mostly I think I have helped myself the most. That sounds complicated I know!

Unknown said...

Tina
you should try it, you will be hooked!!