Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Mcfamous!!!!Click on Mcfamous

So what I am about to tell you is not a joke. My dad and step mom(Lesley) can be seen on Mcdonald's bag's and cups all over the world starting this month. I will attach an article from the Calgary Sun so that you an hear the story from Lesley. She tells it better than I.

Say cheese! The new face of McDonalds Story about love of hiking put couple's photo on chain's cups and bags Calgary HeraldPublished: Friday, March 16, 2007 MAGRATH - When Lesley Dahl sat down at her computer last April, she was just looking for information about global warming. Now she and her husband are part of a global marketing campaign, and their faces can be seen on McDonald's cups and bags all over the world. Their journey into the fast-food nation began when Dahl, who lives in Magrath, did a computer search and came across a website for the McDonald's Global Casting Call. Email to a friendPrinter friendly Font: * * * * "There were a lot of features of people and their passions all over the world, and I thought, 'Hey, I wouldn't mind writing about ours,' so I did," says Dahl, 55. Restricted to 100 words or less, Dahl submitted a story about herself and her husband, and their love for hiking. Months passed, and Dahl was contacted by McDonald's, informing her that she and 23 other people from around the world had been selected out of more than 13,000 entrants to become the new faces of the restaurant chain's "I'm lovin' it" campaign. Lesley and her husband, DeVar, were in Chicago this week for the unveiling of their packaging. "It's hard to imagine it, really," says Dahl. "Initially, I just wanted to get our kids and grandkids to see it, and they were so excited. But in Chicago it was quite amazing to be in the restaurant where people actually had our bags on their tables, and were walking out the door with us. It was quite a shock." The new cups and bags will be available at McDonald's beginning this month and throughout the year. The Dahls were the only Canadians selected in the Global Casting Call.

See I am not kidding around. Maci thinks it is hilarious that her grandparents are on the bags. She wants to go everyday to try to see we can get their bag.They went to London last summer for a week and did the photo shoot there. They were wined and dined by Mc D's the entire week.

So if any of you are doing some high class dining, check your bags and cups and see if you see two people sitting on the side of a mountain. Lesley's global casting # is #9.

Look in the link for this blog and you can see a collage of pics from their Chicago trip

12 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow! That's really something! I like all of your new features on your blog - especially the news.

Megan said...

Hey that is so neat... guess now I actually might have to go to McDonalds and try to get a bag!

Brent

Jenie said...

That is awesome. I bet my kids will love to see their old primary teachers on their McDonalds bag

Laura Leavitt said...

that is so cool Meg. What is the odds of that. Your parents and now famous. That is totally cool for Macy and Cohen to see their grandparents on their happy meals. Really cool.

TinaLaRae said...

Wow! Good for them and MCD's for promoting Health and The environment! We take it for granted sometimes.

Unknown said...

Dad and Lesley
if you are reading, I just got back from McD's in South edmonton common. I asked the people at the register, again clueless but then I spotted the man at the next table with your cup so I went and asked him if I could have it after he was done, so now we have our first one, just need a bag now

Tanis, said...

Meghann,
That realy is funny stuff about your parents. I will be looking around now. I thought it was funny how you asked to have some mans cup after he was finished with it. Too cute.

Tanis

Unknown said...

Tanis
I felt a little dumb asking him but once I told him, he thought it was cool and had actually read an article about them already.

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg,
It has been quite the adventure. When we were in the O'Hare airport in Chicago last week we saw dozens of people coming away from the airport McDonalds carrying bags with our picture on them. We wondered if anyone would recognize us. They didn't.
We have come to the realization that over thenext 12 months we are not going to have to worry about the "paparazzi bothering us or anyone else for that matter. Very few people look at the outside of the bag.
Since we have been home, we haven't seen our bags. Some of my students have seen them in the garbage and in the parking lot at McDonalds so I guess they are out there. Yesterday we were in Lethbridge and did get a pop in one of our cups.
I hope you find a bag soon so Maci doesn't get used to a daily trip to McDonalds.
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg,Ryan,Maci and Cohen,
It really has been exciting to go to London and Chicago with McDonald's, and especially to meet the other 23 winners. You can see their passions by clicking here:
http://www.mcdepk.com/globalcastingcall/stars.html
Your Dad loves it all, and has become Mr. Glamour Boy! hahaha I'm just excited that the grandkids will see us on the bags and cups. It's been a great experience.

Unknown said...

HI dad and lesley
thanks for your visit to my blog. Maci took her cup to school today for show and tell. She was preaty excited to show it off!!

Dave said...

Megs,
I went to a McDonald's today in Des Moines and my bag had your parents on it!! Of course I took it into work today to show off! Very exciting!
Leanne