Sunday, March 04, 2007

A few more on my list

60. I spent to month of July 1999 in Belgium/France and England.

61. Half of the month was spent in the middle of nowhere Belgium, at a volunteer work camp. 10 other volunteers and myself. I was the only one from the western hemisphere and native english speaker. We helped paint/renovate a home for mentally handicapped adults. The home was actually an old nun convent. It was really big and spooky. We had to sleep in a big army tent in the back yard right next to an old cemetery filled with dead nuns. I have a picture of me pretending to dig up a nun's grave. I know I am evil.

62. The other 1/2 of the month was spent visiting Friends in England and France.

63. I have spent one night on an American air force base in England. Will not get into that story

64. I had my ford explorer impounded at the Cut Bank, Montana border( american vehicle issue) and had to leave it in a random farmers field.

65.My cousin Lyndsi and I went to Queen Latifah's talk show taping in NYC.

66. My brother and I were on Kid Street( kids tv game show in the 80's) We lost.

67. I have camped outside in a line with one of my girlfriends at Penn state waiting for tickets to a Phish concert. ( I didn't even know who they were, I was just keeping her company)

68. In grade 10, I lived in Miami for 1 year. I played on the high school baaketball team. We sucked so bad that we lost one game 62-2. the 2 points were scored on fould shots!!!

69.My family lost their house in Hurricane Andrew in Miami in 1992. I luckily left back to Canada the day before on one of the last flights.

70. This march will be 10 years since my grandpa Mark Dahl died. I still think about him all the time and miss him. He use to make the coyote call with his hands that he would do when we were outside. I can still hear it clear as a bell when I think about it.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

62-2!! That's awesome!! I am really enjoying your list, but it makes me think my life before kids was so BORING!! You have great stories!! Maybe the second half of my life will be more adventuresome than the first.