Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mission Completed

I am writing to y'all from the Marriott at Eaton's Center in downtown Toronto. It is a beautiful hotel attached to one of the biggest mall's in Toronto.

So I arrived in Oakville on Wed evening. My realtor took me out for dinner and then on Thursday morning we began the house hunt. I saw a few places I liked and some that I didn't and some really nice brand new town homes but they were surrounded with dirt and mud as lawns had not been planted yet and weren't going to be for quite some time, not to mention construction people everywhere , so anyway in the afternoon I had about 2 I was waffling between when Garry(the realtor) said "let's go back to my office and see if there are any new listings" so we did and that is when we found the house we have now rented. We are renting for the first little while (lease is a year)while we get settled in Oakville and learn the areas. We will then buy within the year.

I do love Oakville, it is a gorgeous little city and so much shopping and 1/2 hour drive to downtown Toronto.It is on the shore of lake Ontario and even has a lighthouse. There are tons of trails, ravines and parks too.

I also got Maci registered in junior kindergarten. I love the school. She has a science, drama and art room. The school is built around a Reggio philosophy-the thought being that kids are treated as individuals-for example-each kid brings a snack to school but they get to choose when they want to eat it. There is no"snack time" allotted. Also only a few kids will go on a field trip at a time, depending on the child's specific interest. For example, why would a kid go to a circus field trip if they were scared of clowns. I am so impressed with her school. They also have a pet guinea pig that the kids get to take turns taking home each weekend to take care of it.

Anyway,now that I found a place we are in Toronto all weekend to shop and play(my mom and I).

Here are pics of the house.

Sorry for the repeats I can't figure out how to delete the pics without deleting the whole post???

I love the toy room/family room-that is a fully finished basement. It even has a cold room in it.

Another cool thing is that the island in the kitchen is portable. I forgot to take pics of the bedrooms but there are four upstairs and the master bedroom is huge!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap long time no see.....or hear. I was confused as to who you were when I first read you're message. You're daughter is so big! Dang, New York?!!

Shakti said...

Hey Meghann;

the house looks really nice. I'm surprised you decided to rent instead of buy. Is it a tough buyer's market there like in Edmonton?

Shakti

Unknown said...

Shakti
we are renting just for a little while, we just want to get comfortable with Oakville,get to know it a bit better and then we will buy within the year.
meg

Unknown said...

corey
we are going to Ontario, not New York. Did I write NY?? Whoops. I tried to post on your site but not sure if it went through?? Good to reconnect!. Your girls are darling!! Who did you marry?Where are you living??
Meghann

Laura Leavitt said...

I felt so ecxited for you while I read about your new life. Your new house looks so aweosme. I love the color of the walls. The windows look so nice too. It looks really big and open. I am so happy for you. Maci's school sounds perfect for her. Maci is a little genius child. How fun....

Kristy said...

Looks awesome, Meghann!! Have a safe trip home. Cohen and Maci looked cute at church!!

Jenie said...

The house looks gorgeous, its great that you were able to find something you liked.