Sunday, November 12, 2006

Nobody likes a Shrub-Dixie Chicks Concert and Bob Schnieder-

Ryan and I went to the Dixie Chicks concert on Nov 6, 2006 in Calgary.There opening act was a guy from Texas, Bob Schnieder. We had never heard of him before but figured if he opening for th chicks that he must be alright, well we were blown away, he was amazing. He is kind of a "fusion" of blues, rock, folk and country.Ryan calls him a mix of Jack Johnson, Johnny Cash and Dave Matthews Band. I haven't figured out how to put clips of music on the blog, but I will shortly. One of my foavorites is called "The Other Side". He also does,"If I only had a brain".-Wiz. of Oz As I am typing, we are listening to to the Brain song and Maci, Ryan and Cohen are having a dance party to the song. Ayway, the concert was obviously amazing but my personal favorite part of it was the overt political refrences and jabs that were made at Bush. For ex, when the Chicks came on stage they played"hail to the chief". Natalie also told us of some very funny posters that people had at the other concerts mocking Bush. They also played the trailer to their new documentary. When she played her" Not ready to make nice" song, she recieved a standing ovation from everyone in the saddle dome, I was suprised and sooo pleased with this reponse form southern albertans, not known to be overly political and definately not anti-bushish . I feel silly admitting this but it brought 3 little tears to my eyes when that happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg,
I like your new blog. I will visit it often.
Dad