Sunday, November 12, 2006

Middle of the night infomercials-Can anything good really come from it?? Help me convince Ryan!!

Hi again so a few weeks ago, i was up at 4 am feeding Cohen, and I decided to watch tv to help keep myself awake, so the first channel I see is the infomercial with Kenny Rogers advertising 150 of Country's Classic Hits( 1950-1970's I know I wasn't even born yet) like Johny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings , Dolly and sooo much more........ I have seen the infomercial before( in the light of day)and i have always thought that I would love that collection of music. I have always thought ordering things off tv was risky and didn't think anyone in their right mind really did it. Well that particular night, plagued by chronic sleep deprivation and sheer curiosity, I order the stupid cd's. I am embarrassed to admit that I spent $150 on them and it is not like we are rolling in dough, we are still in school but my free spirit and tired fingers dialed that silly 1 800 #. I regretted it as soon as I told the lady I wanted to order it but I was already in to deep, so i ordered them and then sat up for another hour wondering how I was going to tell Ryan. Anyways, I am asking all of you to post on here about anything that you have ordered off infomercials that have been a big success and worth your money.. That way I can build a case against my "in house" lawyer-haha

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never ordered anything off infomercials but I have been very tempted on many occasions. I totally get the C.D.'s....I often stop channel surfing long enough to listen to the "favorite hits from the 70's, 80's, etc.

I have ordered books from the internet...does that count?

Love Shakti aka Roberta

Kristy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Megan! Too funny about the infomercial- I almost bought "80's Gold" a few weeks ago...luckily it was only 11pm (and not 4am). You are an inspiration though as I do plan to one day purchase the "Ronco Rotisseri with the free meat injector.....a $24.99 VALUE!" I think I am obsessed with Ronco after having a dream where a Cuban man named Ronco was my soul mate.
I'm happy to hear that Cohen is doing much better! We missed you at the reunion!

Sherry Barber

Unknown said...

I want to hear about more things you all may have not actually bought but at least thought about for longer than the commercial was on, come on don't be shy-even the silly ones!!
meg

lauriealston said...

Hi megs. GOod to be able to read up on your family and know how you are. It's Laurie here- Tommy's wife. Just laughing cause the pasta pro is totally an infomercial purchase that was made at our hosue and we love it. They even sent us another set when we complained that it burnt the bottom of the pan too easily. Not really true as i just don't know how to cook. But nonetheless we are happy with our few infomercial purchases. Good times.
Take care,
Laurie Alston

Steinbeezie said...

Even though we have an incredible knife set already, part of me is CONSTANTLY tempted to buy a set of knives for $39.95, just so I can get a second set for free. You can never have too many kitchen knives.
It is said that the days of the FLOWBE has passed us by.