Tuesday, February 06, 2007

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can probably guess by the title that yes we sold our house in less than 2 days. It was crazy. There were over 20 showing in 2 days( we went and stayed a night at fantasy land hotel in West Ed because we couldn't be there while it was being showed and it was such a hassle to keep it clean with two kids.) On friday night, our Realtor set up a meeting so all the offers could be presented to us. We had about 6 serious offers. It was a bizarre process. Ryan myself and Rennaye(our realtor)sat at our table and one by one a realtor came and sat down with us and presented their clients offer and then would leave and flag the next one in. I think we had 6 come through. We then picked our 2 highest offers and let them get into a bit of a bidding war. We then took the highest one obviously with no conditions. We ended up doing REALLY well since Edmonton real estate is out of control compared to when we bought 2.5 years ago. Ryan loved the whole business process, I on the other hand found it extremely uncomfortable and just wanted it over with( I felt so gready letting the bidding war happen especailly knowing what we payed for it in the first place). Anyways, now we can pay wipe out all our debt, and still have a nice chunk to put toward our next home. What a relief it is over!!!!!!! We had an amzing realtor and if anyone is needing one in Edmonton, check her out. Her website is: www.rennayemiller.com Anyways, Cohen has realized he has been ditched in his exersaucer so I need to go rescue him. Meg

6 comments:

Kristy said...

How fabulous!! I love that you went and stayed in a hotel. What a great idea. I am glad it is over for you and that it was so fast. Still sad that you are moving.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Meg! I can just see Ryan's business side shining during this process :) Crazy busy Edmonton market though hey?? I was wondering if it was starting to slow down at all...but apparently not! Great to hear ur debt free though (always a nice feeling...haven't felt that feeling in about 7 years or more now! ha ha ha)

Laura Leavitt said...

that is so aweosme. I could see Ryan totally enjoying the process. I am so happy for you guys. Nice that you don't have to worry about keepign your house perfectly clean anymore. By the wya, your house is soo nice. I love how you decorate.

Unknown said...

It is the HUGEST relief to not have to clean 24/7. I am defnaitely not a neat freak so it was a bit of a shock to my system. We are preaty pumped.
meg

Laura Leavitt said...

I hope you guys had fun at girls night.I really apreciated that you called me. That meant a lot. I always get nervouse to get to know people and I am sad that now that I am finally getting to know you that you guys are moving. Atleat we can keep in touch with blogs.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That's crazy that it sold so fast but I'm not surprised. Real Estate is crazy everywhere. Have you guys found a house in Oakville yet? Talk to you soon.