Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Our little tenderheart and Cohen moments

Maci is such a treasure. She is so sweet, sensitive and loves to love. Today we were driving to pick up Ryan from school and I had our Satellite Radio tuned into the Channel 003, Sirius Love- the cheesiest love station of all time filled with songs from Chicago, Celine Dion, Journey, Whitney Houston, Luther Vandros etc...I totally dig it and sing my heart out to it, subjecting my two little cling ons with endless serenades while traveling.
So anyway, Leann Rhimes song" How do I live without you" came on. I was singing away, not knowing that Maci was very seriously listening to every word of the song. About half way through the song I heard some sniffles from behind me. In a shaky little voice Maci asked me what the song was about. I began to tell her when she just started to cry saying that she felt she needed to cry cause the song was just so beautiful.
Tonight Ryan read her a story about a dog for bedtime and then when he went back to check on her and she was sobbing in her bed. He asked her what was wrong and she said she was sad because she wanted a dog and inquired through her tears when she was going to ever get a dog. Ryan talked to her about responsibility and how she just needed to be a little bigger before she could take care of a dog. He came down and told me and so I went up to check on her and she was still sobbing under her covers. She told me she wanted to name her dog "Pal" like the dog on Arthur and it needed to be brown. We talked some more about getting one when maybe she was 5 or 6. She seemed to like that idea and calmed down before she fell asleep burrowed in to me.
Cohen, sleeping through all this oblivious to everything. Cohen had a good day too, he figured out he can jump in his exersaucer and is totally amazed at his own abilities. He also is starting to babble more and more and had a great babbling day, except he seems to want to curl his tongue mid babble and his words get stuck on his tongue.What a funny little guy. He is also enjoying the drop and pick up game. How many times will mom be a sucker and pick up my toy that I intentionally toss out of the stroller or high chair. He also likes to shake and bang his toys as fast and hard as he can.
Our house officially goes on the market tomorrow and will be on www.mls.ca/
Anyway I am off to bed, I have a headache..
meg

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Cute stories about Maci. Don't you love when they jump in the exersaucer. It is not loud at all!!

Laura Leavitt said...

That is awesome that you sing in the car-I totally do to. I torture my poor kids. Maci is so funny. What a cute girl. Cohen is so adorable as well.

Laura Leavitt said...

p.s. you should join in the 100 random facts about yourself. I can't think of that many-but it is still fun.

Kristy said...

Meghann,
I am positive Rennaye's sign said sold this morning. That is awesome if it sold!!