Friday, February 08, 2008

My Blogging Revival

I just needed a gentle push from a friend(thanks Kristy) and here I am again. I have actually been thinking about blogging for a while but just kept putting it off until now. So there is no way to really fill you in on all the happenings since June 07 but I will try to sum up a bit of our first year here in Oakville, Ontario. First off, I must say that we love our little spot here in the GTA( Greater Toronto Area) We are only 35km from downtown TO, although with the crazy traffic around here it usually takes a bit longer to get into the city. We have met great neighbours and friends that have made us feel very welcome. Oakville is right on the shores of lake Ontario and right in between Toronto and Hamilton. It is just under an hour to Niagara Falls and the NY border. Ryan loves his firm. He has had a true taste of"Life on the Street". He routinely gets on the train around 7am and doesn't get home till 7-9pm that night, visits with us, helps gets the kids in bed and then off to do a few more hours of work from home. He often has to work on weekends as well. I had been warned that this year would be like this but it still makes it just a tad bit tiring for me and solo kid duty all the time. He will be done his articles at the beginning of June and then will start as a "real" lawyer in September. Maci is in junior kindergarten and goes 2 full days/week and every other Friday. She likes school and has had no trouble adjusting to school all day. She is quite the social little thing and comes home with amusing stories daily. She takes the bus right around the corner which simplifies things for me. She has really caught on to reading and writing and is able to both amazingly well. Cohen is 20 months and is such a fun kid. His personality is really coming out. His new love of his life is Dora and will sit and answer all her questions. He is learing funny little words all the time and even proudly announced to me the other day , saying" I poo". He said it with such pride( a true male=)He and Maci are really starting to play well together and he will start to scream and laugh as soon as he sees her bus come around the corner. And for me, I am staying home for now with the kids. It has been a bit of an adjustment for me not to be working a bit while doing the mom thing but with ryan's crazy schedule, we just figured that the kids needed to have at least one parent around. I love my 2 little clingons, so much that I am now having our 3rd baby, another boy. I am scheduled for a C section on April 25th. We are excited for this little guy to join us!! I am itching to start my Masters in Social Work and am just trying to figure out when the best time that would be to start. I would have to do it very part time as I will be juggling the mom thing at the same time. Well that is a bit of what is going on here in Oakville. I promise to be a bit more dilligent with my blogging from now on=)

8 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow!! Thanks Meghann. It is so nice to hear a little recap. It's good to hear that you are all doing well. I look forward to many more posts!!

Jenie said...

It's great to hear from you again!

Laura Leavitt said...

that is so cool you are having a bot too. We seem to have kids at about the same time and the same gender.

Oler Family said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that you have re-joined the blogging world! It was so fun to talk to you yesterday! I sure miss ya!

dynamike said...

Hey Megs, so good to read the latest update. The story about Cohen saying "I poo" made me laugh out loud. We also have a blog, I can't remember if I've sent you the link so here it is just in case:

mikenerin.blogspot.com

we should chat on the phone again sometime soon. I love talking to you.

dynamike said...

this is from Erin by the way... I'm signed in as Mike for some reason.

TinaLaRae said...

So glad to see you're back!

TinaLaRae said...

Hey Meghann, When you get some time, I tagged you to share some infortmation about your self. Just goto my blog to copy and paste the rules and questions. Thanks, Tina