Monday, March 31, 2008

Just a few minor changes to our life=)

SO last you heard on this blog we were settled here in Oakville, ON. Life was busy but stable, well guess what? We have gone and totally shook things up a bit. First off, Ryan and I knew that it was time to do some serious discussing about what we wanted our future to look like for our family. There were long hours of talking, weighing out pros and cons and really trying to look at what is best for all our family members and we came up with the decision that we needed to move home(Alberta). After the decsiosn was made, Ryan decisied to send off 1 resume to his top choice law firm in Calgary and see what happens and low and behold the very next morning, they called him at work and offered him a job on the spot. His firm is a huge international corporate law firm in Calgary, Blakes. They were very generous to us and made it near impossible to refuse. We were shocked how easy it was. I then contacted an old friend who is now a realtor in Calgary, Arlin Silverman( fabulous realtor if you are looking for one in Calgary) who worked super hard with us long distace and then Ryan flew out this past weekend and in one day found us the perfect house for us. It is in a neighbourhood called, New Brighton in the SE of Calgary. We already know lots of people who live there as well so that is a big bonus. Everything has really fallen into place for us rather quickly. We are thrilled to be close to family again, 2 sets of grandparents 2 hours away and all of Ryan's sibling and their kids all either in Edmonton or Taber not to mention loads of great friends in Alberta that we miss like crazy!!! Now the tricky part is that we are moving the end of May and I just need to have a baby in between now and then( C section scheduled for April 25th) pack my house and get out there. Good thing for family cause it will be tough but I have a few peole that I am worshipping at this moment, that will make the whole process accomplishable(not sure if that is a word). My sister, Bronwyn is going to be staying with us for the end of April and whole month of May to help me with everything. SInce I will have a lovely wound in my tummy, I won't be able to do the lifting of 2 babies, One very big baby who is 39 pds and our new little boy, as well as pack boxes etc.... Ryan's mom has offered to come out and fly back with me so I am not flying alone with 3 kids( can you imagine the gong show, YIKES!!!). My mom will coming to help out a few diff times from when babe is here till we move, so as you see I have some wonderful women in my life that will make this whole adventure worth while. Anyways, that is our newest adventure for now. I am going to try to put up some pics of our new house here. I am getting rusty on the bloggin and can't seem to remember how to get paragraphs on my blogs. It all just goes up in one big chunk, any help would be appreciated! I have attached the link to a video our realtor made of our new home on You tube. You will have to copy and paste the link as I can't figure out how to get it to take you directly there

6 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh Megs, that is huge news. I'm so glad that in spite of the craziness, at least things have worked out smoothly with jobs, homes, etc. I'm so grateful that you have so much help from so many wonderful people. I feel really happy that you're going to settle in Alberta after all. I'm still trying talking Mike into it, but he's getting closer! haha! We need to chat again soon. You are amazing Meghann, seriously.

Anonymous said...

Hi Meghann!!
Congrats on your new house and your new baby on the way!! I heard rumors that you were moving to Calgary. It sounds like you have a few crazy months ahead - I hope it all goes well for you and your family.
Take care.
Heather G.

Angie said...

Congrats on the new house. I am so excited for you. I wish my mama was closer. It is great having Jen, Brad and Jason all up in Denver though. Good luck with the move, the baby and life.
Take care,
Angie

Caylee said...

OH MY!! Good luck with everything Meg - one busy little girl.

The Fergie's said...

Hey Meghann...
I linked to your blog from Erin's, I had fun snooping around (hope you don't mind)
Your new house looks amazing. Good Luck with everything. Moving sucks!

Mandy Karren Ferguson

Debbi said...

Hey (you don't know me-- I'm stalking Debbie Jo's blog and reading your post) but I live really close to where you're moving! We're in Cranston, not the same ward. But once you get here, you're gonna LOVE your new ward!!
Maybe ask Debbie Jo about girls' nights!! ;)