Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Confessions

So I feel the need to get some stuff off my chest.....Before I start I just want you to know that I love my children with all my heart, they are my world and when Maci asks me from time to time, If there was a line up of 1000 kids would I pick her, Cohen and Seth all over again, the answer is a resounding YES!!!! still I feel like there are some parts of my life that aren't so glamorous and sometimes just downright sucks so I feel like I need to get them out there(cyberly). 1. I am ALWAYS tired, doesn't help to have a nursing baby that eats 3 times in the night..... 2. Many times through out the week, if someone took a snap shot of my house for all to see, it would look like a bomb went off in there. 3. This may sound lame but I really appreeciate whoever invented that suction hose thingy of a vaccuum and have created a new permant home for my vaccuum in my kitchen. 4. I often feel this" Me vs. them" feeling and feel like"they" are winning most of the time 5. I sooo look forward to nap and bed times and sometimes am NOT ready for them to end. 6. I have resorted to putting a tv/dvd player in Cohen's room and will put him in his crib(where he can't climb out) and let him watch a movie from time to time( not done daily). Something I would have never done with Maci and would have probably judged some parent for doing that back in the day . 7. The "laugh or cry" idea is often how I feel at the end of the day, sometimes I laugh and sometimes I cry. 8.I sometimes feel envious of Ryan getting to leave the house everyday and go to an office where his desk and work doesn't get messed up the moment it is completed. 9.I use styrofoam plates and utensils for more than just picnics(occasionaly ) 10.My laundy is the enemy in my home and we live out of clean laundry bakets most of the time. Anyways, as a social workerr we are always trying to help our clients to "reframe their reality" so I am going to take this approach for my 10 points I just made. 1. My baby is a well fed, healthy baby and I am lucky I am able to nurse him b/c some women aren't given that opportunity. 2. At least my kids have a place they can feel comforatble enough in the express themselves and learn about their world. 3. A messy kitchen floor shows my kids are well fed and are learning to use their taste touch and smell senses well. 4. A healthy dose of competition never hurt anyone. 5. Waking up just means that I get to spend more time with my little ones, time I will miss one day when they are all grown up 6.I am able to recognize in myself when I need a time out from Cohen, as he is 2 and is by far my most challenging kid right now. Everythiing is usually better after a quick episode of Dora or the Wiggles for both of us. 7. By laughing at myself forces me to not take my life so seriously and sometimes a girl just needs to cry and that is ok 8.I know that me being home with the kids isn't forever and I will get to to social work again one day and this is time I will never get back. 9.At least I am preserving water by not running the dishwasher as much. 10. I can use laundy time as a a time to teach Cohen his colours and Maci the importance of helping out around the house( something we are struggling with a bit right now with her). Anyways, I would love to here some feedback from some of you that may be able relate to some of my points and if you have any other fresh veiwpoints on the domestic life,feel free to offer it as well

13 comments:

Megan said...

Oh Meghann, I so hear you!! I feel the same way most days and its a constant struggle to get the kids to stop fighting, clean up thier toys, go to bed on time, oh the list goes on and on!! I can also relate to the laugh or cry at night, sometimes you dont know which one to do first!!Anyways I hope you get thru this week and can still smile afterwards!
Megan

Ginamarie said...

I love that you are honest enough to post your last post - We all go through it. And it really is hard...But I love that you looked at it positively too because a clean house isn't more important than happy loved children - and even though it seems like it is going to last forever - it's really over in the blink of an eye. (at least that is what I keep telling myself) You are an amazing woman with tons to offer all that know you and your children will be so blessed by all that you do with them

Debbie Jo said...

Hang in there Meghann! We gotta hook up for some play time soon

Lindsay Cranmer said...

I love when other moms are honest about life, because when everyone goes around sugar coating everything, it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong! I agree with it all, because when I'm dealing with a crazy 3yr old and a baby all day the last thing I want to be doing is cleaning up the CONSTANT mess they leave behind. And I have napped on the couch with my children playing around me on more than one occasion because I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore!
So you're not alone! And apparently I'm not either :)
Lindsay

~I said...

Oh, this is just SO what I needed to hear after a long day. Hi Meghann. I just happened upon your blog tonight. Hope you don't mind. I can relate whole-heartedly and your honesty is refreshing, so thanks for sharing "cyberly"!
Ingrid
p.s. Glad to see you figured out your sling!

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies for your input, honesty always is the best policy!!!Sugar coating is way overrated=)

Oler Family said...

Oh Meg! I couldn't have said it better myself. All those things listed are feelings that I have on a regular basis! Your not alone! what I do know is that you are an awesome mom! Hang in there!

Brandy said...

amen... i think that pretty much sums it up.

Melanie said...

ha ha, ok, I just tagged you in a blog game, mostly because I felt bad tagging people, and I figure you are a self proclaimed slacker so you wouldn't mind brushing it off. oh and by the way EVERY mom feels like you do at some point!

Natalie said...

"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly." --Pres. Monson.
I really enjoyed the talk from conference by pres. Monson. I know we all have crazy days and so many days for me I seem more upset than I should be. His talk reminded me that we really will miss these days (as much as we say we won't) and to cherish every moment we have.

Erin said...

Meghann I adore you. I love that you get it- we're all there too and it is so comforting to know that i'm not alone in my frustrations/joys. I think you are remarkable and doing an amazing job. Your kids are SOOOOO blessed to have you as their mom.

transconjunctival lower eyelid blepharoplasty said...

Sometimes you dont know which one to do first!!Anyways I hope you get thru this week and can still smile

Anonymous said...

shut the hell up and stop complaining. be thankful you can even have kids..i would do anything for a baby.